Elevate your lunch with a wholesome blend of seasoned rice, roasted vegetables and tender mackerel.
100g Jasmine rice
Bunch of asparagus
5 cherry vine tomatoes
1 tin of mackerel in oil
2 tbsp parsley
1 clove garlic
1tbsp sherry vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil plus some for cooking
1/4tsp dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees.
- Finely chop the shallot, garlic and all the herbs and mix with the olive oil, sherry vinegar and mustard. Season to taste.
- Cook the rice to the instructions on the packet with a pinch of saffron
- Fry the asparagus in olive oil until just cooked and season lightly.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season. Cook in the oven until they are just softened.
- In a dry pan over a medium heat toast the pumpkin seeds. Keep them moving to colour them evenly.