Sushi has gone mainstream. And now this Japanese cuisine favorite gets a Norwegian twist. Sardine sushi makes a delicious and light dinner. Perfect as an appetizer too!
2 cans King Oscar Sardines in Olive Oil or Soybean Oil, drained
345g short grain rice
45ml distilled wine vinegar
4 sheets Japanese nori (dried seaweed wrap)
Julienned vegetables (carrots, green onion, cucumbers)
- Cook rice according to package instructions.
- Dissolve sugar in vinegar, stir into hot rice.
- Spread rice on cookie sheet and allow to cool completely.
- Place nori sheet shiny side down on sushi mat. Spread one-quarter of rice evenly over nori, leaving 2.5cm margin at top edge.
- Arrange layers of sardines and vegetables across center of rice parallel to top edge.
- Form sushi roll with mat, moisten nori margin, seal roll.
- With wet knife, slice into 2.5cm rounds.
- Repeat with remaining nori and filling.