With runny egg, tangy tomato and buttery spinach, this mackerel recipe is ideal for a weekend breakfast.
1 handful baby spinach leaves
1 free range egg
Mackerel in tomato
100ml Cider vinegar
30g Golden caster sugar
Pinch of onion seeds
Salt and pepper
- Bring the vinegar, water, onion seeds and sugar to the boil to dissolve the sugar.
- Slice the shallots and add them to the slightly cooled pickling liquor.
- Slice and toast the rye bread.
- Gently cook the spinach in foaming butter.
- Fry an egg over medium heat to your liking and season with pepper.