Eggs and the salty flavor of fish go together, and this recipe offers more proof of that. Simply the best deviled eggs you will ever eat. Bright and colorful too, so a fun addition to your party tray!
1 can King Oscar Skinless & Boneless Spanish Style Sardines,
drained, broken into small chunks
1 dozen eggs
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
2 tsp Dijon style mustard
2 tsp sherry or other mild vinegar
2 fresh scallions sliced, including whites
1/4 tsp salt
- Place eggs in single layer in saucepan and cover with at least one inch of cold water.
- Place saucepan over high heat until just boiling. Turn heat to low, cover, and cook for one minute.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to sit off heat, covered, for 13 minutes.
- Drain water and rinse eggs in cold water for one minute to end cooking.
- Crack and peel eggs under cold running water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice in half lengthwise with sharp knife and place on serving platter.
- Remove yolks to a medium mixing bowl and mash with a fork or pass through a coarse strainer.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until desired texture is achieved.
- Spoon into plastic zip-lock bag and cut off 1” corner. Pipe yolk mixture into halved egg whites.
- Garnish with scallions or parsley.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
To prevent eggs from tipping on serving dish, slice off a small portion of the underside of each egg white half to make a flat, stable base. For added flavor, sprinkle with smoked Spanish paprika before serving.