At King Oscar AS (“we“, “us“, or “King Oscar“), we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our website visitors and to protect and respect your privacy. This Privacy Notice is prepared by us to ensure that you receive information regarding our processing of your personal data that we collect through websites operated by us.
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (a “data subject”). Your name, phone number, address and e-mail address are examples of information which is generally regarded as personal data.
King Oscar’s role as controller
King Oscar is the controller for the processing of your personal data. This means that we are responsible for the processing of personal data that we collect from you under applicable data protection legislation.
Personal information we collect
We collect and store personal data sent by you through our contact page, such as your:
- E-mail address; and
- Any other information submitted in the message field of the contact form.
Legal basis and purpose of processing
We will process the personal data described above, for the purposes of handling your enquiry. We have a legitimate interest in undertaking this activity in order to respond to your enquiry.
Storage of your personal data
We will erase or anonymize your personal data when these are no longer needed for the purpose for which these were collected, as well in accordance with the following erasure procedure:
- If you have submitted an enquiry through our contact page, your personal data will be deleted 90 days following our response to you.
- Phone records will be erased 90 days following the date on which the phone call was recorded.
If there are legal obligations to which we are subject, we may retain your personal information in order to ensure our compliance with such legislation (such as in regard of applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
Sharing your personal information with third parties
The personal data we collect may be shared with our technology suppliers, such as our hosting providers. Please note that suitable data processor agreements have been entered into with such hosting providers.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from our websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Transfer of your personal data out of the European Economic Area
Data protection laws provide you with a number of rights which are explained below. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please get in touch by using our contact information listed at the end of this Privacy Notice. In order to process any of the requests listed below, we may need to verify your identity. In such cases your response will be necessary for you to exercise any of the following rights:
- Access: You may contact us if you want to obtain confirmation with respect to whether or not we are processing your personal data, as well as access to and further information regarding our processing of your personal data. You may also request a copy of the personal data we are processing about you.
- Rectification: You may request us to rectify and/or complete inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Erasure: You may request that we delete your personal data. We will respect and comply with your request insofar as there are no other legal obligations or overriding legitimate interests requiring further retention, or the personal data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Restriction of processing: You may also request the restriction of our processing of your personal data in accordance with data protection legislation. If the processing has been restricted, such personal data will, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent, for the exercise or defence of legal claims, the protection of the rights of another person, or for reasons of important public interest.
- Right to object: You are entitled to object to certain processing activities, including for example processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. You are furthermore, on grounds relating to your particular situation (for example, a specific need for protection of your identity), entitled to object to processing of personal data based on legitimate interests, which we will comply with, unless there exists compelling legitimate grounds for our processing which override your interest, or if our processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Data Portability: If we process your personal data based on consent or based on our performance of a contract, and the processing is carried out by automated means, you may request us to transfer the personal data to you or another controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
Certain limitations exist in the rights provided by the data protection legislation and the rights available to you will depend on the particular circumstances of the processing. You can find more information on this topic on Norwegian Data Protection Authority’s website, which is linked below.
The Norwegian Data Protection Authority
You may contact us at any time if you have any questions or complaints regarding our processing of your personal data. You may also file a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, or a data protection authority in the EU/EEA Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or the place of the alleged data protection infringement. The Norwegian Data Protection Authority is responsible for supervising Norwegian organizations’ processing of personal data. You can obtain the contact details of the Norwegian Data Protection Authority on the its following website. You will also find more information on your rights and the data protection legislation on this website.
As controller of your personal information, we have the responsibility for ensuring that your personal data is processed and stored in a secure manner. We have therefore implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with applicable data protection law.
What are cookies?
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit most websites. Cookies are used for targeted adds based on internet search behaviour. Adds can be shown on for example Facebook, Instagram and Google. Data that is stored through cookies are only available on an aggregated level and with full anonymity in the add tool and cannot be connected to an individual. We use two types of cookies on our website:
Session Cookies – These are temporary cookies which only exist in the period you access our website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after accessing our website). Session cookies help our website remember what you chose on the previous page, thereby avoiding having to re-enter information.
Persistent Cookies – These are cookies which remain on your device after you have visited our website. These cookies help us to identify you as a unique visitor (by storing a randomly generated number). The length of time a cookie will remain on your device will depend on the type of cookie. On our website, these cookies do not contain personal data, and cannot be used to identify you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about its users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain data about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognize you when you return to our website; and/or
- Identify your location.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice in order to reflect changes in our personal information processing or in order to reflect amendments to applicable data protection regulation. An updated version will be published on our website whenever this Privacy Notice is amended. We recommend that you review the Privacy Notice from time to time when you visit our website.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at:
King Oscar AS
Address: Nøstegaten 58, Pb 400, 5805 Bergen, Norway.
You may also reach our Data Protection Officer directly at firstname.lastname@example.org