Perfect for a warm weekend brunch, treat yourself to tuna-topped sweet potato with a delicate samphire garnish.
1/2 Sweet potato
1 Vine tomato
Tuna in olive oil
1 Spring onion - Sliced
1tbsp Pine nuts
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash and slice the sweet potato, rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake on a baking tray for 25 minutes or until the slice is cooked through.
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over a medium heat. Keep them moving to colour them evenly. Once they are cooled a little roughly chop the pine nuts.
- Cut the tomato in to concasse, this is done by cutting the outside flesh away from the seeds and dicing it.
- Cook the samphire over a medium heat with unsalted butter and black pepper until just softened, remove from the heat and add the concasse.
- Dice the avocado.
- Build with the sweet potato as the base, then the samphire, avocado, tuna, spring onion and pine nuts.